Join our Support Group
We are currently in the process of establishing a new group to support the activities of the team and we need you! There are opportunities for volunteers of the team based in Great Ayton, North Yorkshire.
We are looking for volunteers who can spare some time to help their local Mountain Rescue Team remain successful and operationally ready in Cleveland and North Yorkshire.
We need your help with;
- Arranging, attending and assisting with fundraising events
- Helping with catering at an event or on long search call outs
- Check point supervisors on a walk/fell race
- Bodying for training exercises
- Representing the team at a community group
- Assisting with maintenance of the base, vehicles and equipment
This is not an exhaustive list and in addition to this we would love to hear from you if you have a specialist skill you feel you could bring to this team.
All these roles are ‘non-operational’ but essential so that the team can continue to grow, be successful and support our local communities when called upon. Even a small commitment of a couple of hours makes a big difference, do not be concerned that you will be required in the middle of the night in the snow and rain, we have a team of committed search and rescue members who just love this.
To be held at the Team Base for prospective Support Group members. The event will showcase the team capabilities, what we do and how we do it.
Saturday, 18 November 2017
14:00 – 19:00.