WE ARE NOW RECRUITING FOR SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS
Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team is a charity financed totally by donations, sponsorship and fundraising events. We need to raise in excess of £42,000 a year to keep the team operational.
We need you!
· Do you want to be involved in supporting a fantastic Mountain Rescue Team?
· Do you enjoy meeting new people?
· Are you friendly and approachable?
· Do you have good interpersonal and teamwork skills?
· Could you spend hours in a muddy field, sometimes in the rain, with a collecting bucket and still have a smile on your face at the end of the day?
· Are you 18 or over?
· Do you live in our operational area (see map at the bottom of the page)
· Do you have access to your own transport?
If the answer is YES to these questions, please read on.
We would like to recruit some additional committed and reliable volunteers to become part of our already established Support & Fundraising Team.
Fundraising is incredibly important to Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team, and it is a great way to get involved and support a good cause. As a Support Team member, you will become part of an established and well-respected team and have opportunities to meet new people, visit new places and learn different skills. Being part of our team can also give you a sense of self-worth, achievement and a warm and fuzzy feeling.
The Support Team is involved in
· Setting up and staffing our charity merchandise stall at fundraising events, fetes and shows.
· Collecting donations at events, in the street and in supermarkets.
· Organising fundraising events and collections.
· Representing the Team at community events.
· Raising awareness of the Team at PR events.
· Driving non-operational vehicles to events.
· Helping to deliver talks to community groups and schools.
The events take place mainly at weekends and can involve long hours in all types of weather. No previous experience in fundraising is necessary.
This is a voluntary, non-operational role; you will not be on call or expected to go out in the middle of the night. We have a team of Search & Rescue members who do all that.
If you are interested:
Please email your full name, contact details and post code (so that we can check that you live in our operational area) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 4th February 2024. Please remember that we are all volunteers so it might take a day or two to reply.
The Support & Fundraising Team will then invite you to an informal ‘Open Session’ at the Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team base, near Great Ayton. You will be able to meet Support Team members, find out more about activities that you can get involved in and learn more about the application process. Open sessions will be held on Saturday 24th February 2024 (1400-1600) and Tuesday 12th March 2024 (1900-2100). YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THESE SESSIONS.
After attending an open session, if you decide you would like to join our Support Team, you will be sent a link to an online application form to be submitted by the 31st March 2024.
Although the key requirement to join the Support Team is to help with fundraising, opportunities may arise to get involved with other activities.
Please visit our website for further information on the application process and training by clicking HERE.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications can be made to join the team in a support role (Operational Support) or as a hill going (Search and Rescue) member.
Applications for either role can be made at any time. Intakes for Operational Support members occur at various times of the year. There is one annual intake for Search and Rescue normally each September.Join Now