‘Out and about on the North York Moors and North East Coast’
The Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team will publish a 2020 calendar to raise funds for the Team. It will go on sale during the summer of 2019 at various fundraising events and online.
A minimum of 13 photographs are required for the calendar (one per month and one for the front cover) so this is your chance to support the Team by sending us some of your photographs. They can have been taken in any year but must be scenes from within the Team’s area of coverage (as described in Section 2 below).
The theme is ‘Out and about on the North York Moors and North East Coast’. It’s open to your interpretation but we are looking for photographs that illustrate the landscapes, wildlife, people and activities in our area.
No submissions will be accepted after 2359 hours on 30th April 2019.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
In reading the following sections – please remember the spirit of this ‘competition’ – it is meant to be a ‘fun process’ which is for the benefit of the Team; it is not intended to be a commercial or professional photography competition. There are no prizes.
- The theme is open to your interpretation but we are looking for photographs that show off the area we cover in all its natural glory, throughout the seasons. The Team’s decision as to the eligibility and selection of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Photographs should have been taken within the Team’s area of coverage as follows: 1) the northern half of the North York Moors (roughly north of a line drawn between Sandsend and Helmsley) or 2) the north-east coast between Sandsend and Hartlepool). That’s a simple description of our area so if in doubt just submit your photo and we’ll consider it. Please remember to provide the location of all photographs submitted (if not, they won’t be considered).
- Entrants can submit up to three digital photos in total, in colour or black and white. They must be in landscape-orientation (not portrait-orientation) to fit the layout of the calendar. They must be Jpegs (other digital formats and prints will not be accepted), at a minimum of 300dpi and suitable for printing at A4-size. If in doubt – just submit and if we like it but the file is too small we’ll ask you for a larger copy if available. They must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed. Minor adjustments such as to exposure and contrast are acceptable. We cannot accept composite images (two or more separate photographs ‘merged’ together to make one image) or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto one image.
- We want you to stay faithful to the spirit of the competition so we reserve the right to exclude any image we believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is open to UK-residents only (including residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man) but existing Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team members cannot enter. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
- Entrants under the age of 18, at the time of submission, must state their age and include the name, address, contact telephone and email address of their parent or guardian. The parent or guardian of any such winners will subsequently be contacted to give written consent for the photograph(s) to be used.
- The location and date of the photograph must be included so that it can be allocated to the correct month (but there is no limit on the age of the photograph).
- The competition closes at 2359 hours on 30th April 2019. Entries received after this date will not be considered. The Team cannot accept responsibility for any problem with internet service providers, networks or other systems which may result in any entry not being received. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- All photographs that comply with these terms and conditions will be judged by Team members based on the following criteria:
- Public appeal
- Each of the successful entrants will be contacted by 31st May 2019. If anyone cannot be contacted via the details supplied after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to use an alternative photograph (a number of ‘runner up’ reserve photographs will be chosen for this purpose).
- No prizes are offered but each successful entrant will be provided with a copy of calendar when it becomes available. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided. By submitting photographs you agree to your name being used in any social media posts to advertise the on-going submissions period and (for the winners) to your name being printed alongside the photograph on the calendar. No contact details will be published.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. You must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and you must not have breached any laws (civil or criminal) when taking or submitting photographs.
- We are looking for original photographs, so entries must not have won prizes in any national or international competition prize previously. For the purposes of this competition, ‘national’ refers to the whole of the UK – or to individual national competitions in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Similarly they must not have been previously published commercially.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the Team. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the Team the right to publish and exhibit their photographs in the calendar. We undertake not to use the photographs in any other way other than on the Team’s social media or website but then only to advertise the calendar competition, the winning photographs and to promote subsequent sales. They will not be used for any other purpose except with the permission of the submitting photographer.
- The Team reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The Team also reserves the right to crop any winning photograph in order to make it fit the format and/or layout of the calendar if necessary.
- Please take your photos responsibly and always follow the Countryside Code.
To enter the competition you have provided us with your personal data including your photographic entry. Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team is the “data controller” of this information. We process your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests as a charity for fundraising in relation to the sales and promotion of this calendar only.
If you are unsuccessful, we will retain your data until 31st October 2019. At this time it will be destroyed. If your photograph is published in the calendar, we will retain your data indefinitely.
Data protection law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification of or erasure of your personal data or restriction of its processing, and to object to processing. If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, or if you wish to contact the Team to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact: email@example.com
Please remember the spirit of this competition. It is intended to benefit a charity that provides 24-hour year-round cover for people in need of help – it is not a commercial competition.